Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Updates

Last week we had our good friends from NC come to visit for 5 days. It was so nice to see them again and the kids got along just like they used to. (haha hugs, and fighting it was just like last year when we all had to part ways)

We got to go to 6 flags St. Louis with them which was a real treat because as we realized we actually never did anything fun and big like that with all the kids. Our last attempt ended in a mugging and riding cement horses at the police station. It absolutely was a wonderful day. The kids were well behaved, the weather perfect, and the lines not long. I hand picked it just for Alexis just like she ordered the dolphins when I came to her house and we went to the beach one day.

It was sad to see them leave but it made me realize that no matter how much time goes by between our visits, she will always be like my sister I never had and it will be like we just left each other yesterday and we pick up right where we left off. Hannah and Sam will always be the best of girlfriend and I see lots of long distance phone calls between them too in a few years.

As for my house and all the work I have been doing, well I got most of it done. I know that I need to post pictures so those will be up in the next day I promise. And to sweeten the deal I will post before and after so you can really see the difference. I think the kitchen will wait a few more weeks before I get to work on that. I am still having aches and pains from all the work I did in the living-room. I think rolling the paint and doing the texture I developed Carpel Tunnel Syndrome haha is that even possible? I guess though for me anything is possible right?

This Friday the girls and I are packing up and heading East. We will first go to Charlotte to visit my mom for the weekend. Then pop north-west to see Alexis in Funky Vagina (oops that's not really its name but had to say it cause I can!!) for a few days and then from there go North a bit more and go see Brigitte in her new digs. She ( the lucky ducky) is building a new house which won't be done for a couple months yet so the daring woman will be living in an apartment for the time between. So adding us the the group of 6 will be very interesting to say the least. Brig, I will bring the wine!!

So that's all the new stuff.

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

Thanks for the awesome two weeks. **sniff sniff** I miss you.