Sunday, December 10, 2006

Hot gifts of the season

I am really curious to see what everyone else is buying for their kids for Christmas this year. I am beginning to think the older they get the harder it is to find what they want.

Ashley asked for VIMGO and Designers World. I was able to get the first item. The second is not going to happen. Can't seem to be in the right place at the right time.

Hannah's hot item this year is the Fisher Price Digital Camera and the Leapster Backpack. I have ordered both online only to get emails saying they are not available. Now I did get lucky, after a week of calling Target and Walmart and looking online EVERY DAY to find them, My MIL walked into Springfield TRU and said they had 4 so she grabbed one for me. I could kiss the woman. We jokingly said she should have bought all of them and did like everyone else in the world and sold on ebay for $150!!! I could really go on a vent about that. I just don't understand why adults do this. Don't they realize they are only hurting innocent children who ask "Santa" for these gifts and the parents end up pulling out their hair to try to accommodate only to come up empty handed by someone trying to make a buck off someone else's misfortune of not getting their hands on it first.

So anyway I just wondered what other things are out there that we can't get our hands on.

2 comments:

Alexis Jacobs said...

I am so glad I bought damn Elmo when I did. LOL I still remember when cabbage patch dolls were the "hot" item.

Unknown said...

My kiddos are not getting anything "hot". Maia is getting stuffed animals (what do you get a 1-year old??) and Noah is getting cars, shoes, and a garage thingie for his cars. Oh, and a aqua doodle (is this considered hot?) and something else...can't remember. Im just not up on the latest toys. Id love to get him the digi cam but I'll wait a few years till it's old school ;)