Friday, February 9, 2007

If you send a mother to the store

You may have wondered why that is the title of my blog.
First I have to say that I love the books "If you give a Pig a Pancake"," If you give a moose a muffin", "If you take a Mouse to School" you know the ones.

I can really relate to them. You have surely also seen the mass email that goes around about "If you give a Mom a Muffin". So if you know me, you know that this is how my day is every day.

Let me give you an example. Lets take today for starters
5 30 time to get up
Let dogs out, feed dogs and cats, get dressed and ready for work , get Hannah's clothes together for the day, get movies together to go back to blockbuster so I don't have to come home after work to do it. OOH no 10 min. before time to leave (must leave house by 6 am to get nan to grannies and get to work on time) must start car...... oh crap there are the dogs forgot to get them back in house. OK ...... back on track...... ooh yeah check to see if check was deposited and for how much so can pay bills while at work.......... ooh while I am online, better print out blockbuster coupon since going so kids can pick out movie......... ooh well better check queues on netflix and bb to make sure don't duplicate movies...... oops forgot to check bank balance.....oops its 6 05... guess I better go.

ok now this is just a minor one here is what happens when I got to a store say target enter store at 9:25
OK must get dog food. Oh wait lets get Starbucks first. OK on to shopping...... Lets see if the boot socks were still marked down I really liked the ones I bought last time ...... good they had a couple... oh look they have long underwear on clearance I should try a pair since its so cold. Oh since on this side of store lets see what they marked down in kids clothes.....oh wait ...... can't buy these cute pants Hannah wears a 5 t now....they would be to little for later and she has so many for now ok never mind.... ok lets jog thru the linen aisle to see if they got in the wash rags for the bathroom yet (even though bathroom is no where near being done or done over for that matter) OOH wait all the sheets and such are marked down lets look and see what they have...... ok resisted that good job Jamie ooh yeah dog food ok back on track. OK good dog food marked down better get cat food while here. OK got cat food ooh yeah I need laundry soap. so head that way.... oh wait I need a new toilet brush. Ok found one on clearance. on on to the laundry soap. ok on sale good deal good deal. Oh yeah I need deodorant, oh and toothpaste, oh and mark needs shampoo. ok now I have everything but since I am right here I should check out the girls clothes. OOh this a cute shirt. I should see if I can find a skirt to go with it..... ooh this is cute i should see if i can find a pair of shoes to go with it oooh lets try it on Hannah. OOH this is so cute where did you find those sunglasses they go perfectly. Ok let go
Total for mass confusion shopping for dog food $84.93
Time we leave Target......... 10:50
do you see!!!

2 comments:

Alexis Jacobs said...

Too funny, yet oh so true :-)

Anonymous said...

It's called excessive compulsive behavior you got that from my evil twin not me I can resist