Sooo.......... not much progress has been made. I spent about 1.5 hours standing at Target yesterday am trying to pick out a color scheme to work with. I finally found a rug I liked with about 5 different shades of greens/blues to work with. Then I got some towel sets and shower curtain. Then came home and started to scrape the walls. At this point I was excited to start the project.
It didn't go so well only about 2 walls would scrape off. The rest will no come off no matter WHAT I try.
So off to Menard's because I thought I would at least get the ceiling done. After talking to the worker man (haha) he said to sand down entire room, wash walls, paint with an oil based primer then paint in latex.
OK not big deal. So Today I go back and get the ceiling paint, oil primer, and stop at in laws to borrow sander. Again all excited to get back to project and get this done...............
So I get home, and start sanding walls, remember I need to Spackle, get that done and return to sanding. I get to the toilet area and figure I will go ahead and pull off the baseboards and sand to the bottom.
Of course it can't be easy. Oooh no. I pull off the first base board, and low and behold.......... an entire ant colony come pouring out.
So I sprayed bug killer, pulled off other base boards to see what surprises may be underneath. The one right behind the toilet is stuck because the building genius put the sink cabinet in after installing the base board so as of right now I give up.
I swept and sucked up the mess, stacked everything on the toilet, wiped everything down, showered and now I am going to take a nap. I guess it can sit till Mark is off tomorrow and we can figure out together what to do. I think this is the very first project that feels this overwhelming. sigh......