Saturday, March 8, 2008

IKEA Day!!

Ok I am a dork I know this. However, I am in LOVE LOVE with IKEA.



If your not familiar with it, it's a HUGE store that carries home furnishings dirt cheap from over seas. Yeah yeah I know buy American. Well frankly, I am too poor to purchase American made furniture haha.



At IKEA, you can take ideas from the Pottery Barn Catalog, and make them real at less than Target's price. No Joke. OK more like Big Lot's price on some things.



What sucks is they are few and far between in location. We are lucky enough to have 2 in the Chicago area, but still it's even rarer for us to go. I turn it into a vacation destination. I have favorite products I alway think I need every time we go.



Today it's bookcases. I love love love love Billy!!!! When you live in our house your books are our most prized possessions and all of us have outgrown our current bookcases.



So today off we go to Chicago for none other than an IKEA day. I have carried the catalog with me all week making up my list so I don't forget anything. My closest friends and family will share my excitement because I will finally FINALLY shut up about what should I get??!!



I will post pictures of our new library system soon!!

3 comments:

Alexis Jacobs said...

Can't wait to see the pics. I bet it looks awesome!

Unknown said...

I'm off to Chicago tomorrow! Funny, huh?! Hope you have a great b-day weekend! Can't wait to see the pictures of your new cases.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

I too love Ikea. When we lived in DC we purchased so many great items from that store. Now the closest Ikea is about 500 miles away. So so so very sad.