Friday, November 2, 2007

Better Late Than Never



So I am really bad. Last week was Hannah's 6th Birthday. I didn't get on to post about what a bitter sweet week it was. But since I have been up since 3 am and have all my house work caught up, I will now!!





So on Wed. the 24th, Hannah turned 6. All day on the 23rd, I kept walking around saying, OH Wow this was hour 8 of my labor with Nan, or this was hour 12, 15, 18 , 21, (you get the picture). Yes , 23 hours of labor with my fabulous wonderful beautiful Hannah. I went in at 5 am on the 23rd for them to break my water and she was born exactly 5 o2 am the next day. It sucked , It was horrible, all the things you would expect for a full fun filled joy packed entire day of labor. But at the end came Nan and we all who know this curly toe headed Cinderella of a girl know just how worth it it was. The child who at age 4, 5, and now even 6 says at just the most opportune times, "Mommy, I still wish I lived in your tummy." We have visions of her the day of her birth, in my womb with her arms and legs outstretched in the X position clinging on to what ever she can to NOT COME OUT. She tells us all her favorite shows were on in there. And was it ever warm and toasty. Apparently she finds the world a cold place (see her point on that) And it was Happy , Oh so Happy.




So to my Clingy Princess Baby, Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how I know long labors so well. ;)

I think every year is going to be bittersweet for us as parents . . . probably even when they are as old as we are. I'm just glad we've been blessed with the capability to have and to hold onto memories. Happy Bithday, Hannah!

Alexis Jacobs said...

Happy birthday my sweet Hannah :)