Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Starter Wife

I found a book around March that looked somewhat interesting. I picked it up once and read about 10 pages and put it down and started another book. Then about 2 weeks ago, I saw the preview for the books upcoming television show. Game on I must read book to be on top of what may come up in the show. I picked up The Starter Wife by Gigi Levangie Grazer and read. I read and read. The book is very good. If you don't mind all the name dropping from Hollywood.

I have to say ( I really don't want to ruin too much if you want to read the book) that I am so excited to watch the show. Now I know that many times the shows fall short of the book. I already know that I am sad that they changed the main characters name from Gracie to Molly and her friend Will to Rodney. But let me set up the reason I think this happened. The main characters name is (was) Gracie. One of her best friends is a Gay man named Will. Guess who the actress is that's playing the lead on the show......... Debra Messing
While reading the book I laughed about how Will and Gracie reminded me of Will and Grace. Guess that they had to change it. Another funny I can't wait to see is that Gracie's husband Kenny dumps her to date none other than Britney Spears. Yes you read that right...... so wonder how that will play in the show.

So add the Starter Wife to your summer reading list and then check out the show with me this Thursday on USA channel.

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

When I come up in July we need to do a book swap. Damn Matt. He messed up our reading system.